Friday, September 4, 2009

dill fish

I wanted to write the title "dillfish." In my head, that's how it's spelled. Moving on...

Some things you don't know about me: 1) dill = my favorite herb and 2) mustard = my favorite condiment.

Let the taste bud celebration commence.

Ingredients

2 fillets of white fish (I had catfish on hand)
1/2 c wondra or sifted flour
1/4 c plain yellow mustard
1 tbs dill
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
canola or vegetable oil

Put the mustard in a bowl.


Put the wondra, dill, salt and pepper on a plate and combine with a fork.


Cover the bottom of a large pan with a thin layer of oil and turn the heat to medium high.


Dredge the fish in the mustard. Then dredge it in the wondra/seasonings. You should have a very light layer of "breading."



Cook 2-3 minutes per side, shaking the pan almost continuously throughout the cooking process to keep the fish from sticking. Enjoy with some vegetables, rice, or just on it's own like I did.