Thursday, January 7, 2010

garlic bean paste

Wow, "garlic bean paste" sounds appetizing, huh? Not so much. Regardless, I made some last night, which I then used to thicken a yummy but not blog-worthy potato soup. The paste itself, however, was so good that after I ate the soup I kinda wished I'd just spread the bean paste on some french bread and gone on with my life.

That's a warning to those of you who eat at my house...garlic bean paste on french bread will appear at a party. And it will be amazing.

Ingredients

1 c. canned white beans (I used great northern), rinsed
6 medium to large garlic cloves, peeled
1 - 2 tbs. olive oil
2 - 3 pinches salt

Uh, so put everything but the olive oil in a food processor. While the food processor is running, drizzle in the olive oil. Scrape down the sides of the processor bowl a couple times during the process. When it looks like a paste, it's done.

As I said, spread it on some french bread, or a cracker, or dip some crudite in it. I'd probably sprinkle some chopped parsley or chives over the top of it, too...just for a little color.

No comments: